Crazy Colourful Carrot Seeds
Carrots are jammed with a wealth of nutrients, and medium-sized sticks are only 25 calories. Standard orange carrots contain vitamin A, and the other hued carrots are equally healthy. Here’s a brief break-down:
- Orange: Beta and alpha carotene pigment. This promotes vitamin A production by the body, which is essential for healthy eyes.
- Purple: Anthocyanin, beta and alpha carotene pigment. Purple carrots typically have an orange core, and their pigment-related nutrients may provide additional vitamin A.
- Red: Lycopene and beta-carotene pigment. Lycopene is the same red pigment that gives tomatoes their deep color and is linked to a lower risk of certain cancers, such as prostate cancer.
- Yellow: Xanthophyks and lutein. Both are linked to cancer prevention and better eye health.
- White: The nutrients don’t come from the pigment but from the fiber, which promotes healthy digestion.
Now you know why you should be growing these beauties!
In your packet
- You will be getting a carefully curated colorful little A6 card that you can keep for generations to come that will form part of the collectable seed range. Growing instructions are printed on the back insuring a pleasant journey. We've made it simple and clear.
- An A6 coloring-in card
- 30+ Carrot seeds
- Our collectable seed chart per order
- Our support and resources